Alice springs chicken has always been one of my all time favorite chicken dishes. I looked everywhere for the recipe that looked the closest and this is the winner + or - a few to my taste. We love onions so I always sauté some up with the mushrooms but whatever works best for you!
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- With an electric mixer combine the mustard, honey, and 1 Tbsp oil, and lemon juice for 1 minute.
- Pour 1/2 mixture over chicken in a gallon ziplock to marinate in fridge 2-24 hours.
- Chill remaining marinade to serve with chicken.
- After marinating chicken, preheat oven to 375°F Put remaining oil in frying pan. Heat and sear chicken on both sides.
- Transfer chicken to oven safe pan and brush with marinade.
- Meanwhile in frying pan add butter and saute mushrooms.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and peppers.
- Stack bacon across each breast, spoon mushrooms on each breast and then approx 1/3- 1/2 cup cheese on each.
- Cover pan with foil and bake 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with honey mustard marinade.